|SAS: Zombie Assault 4 Zombie Type|
|- Shambler -|
|First Appearance:||Rank 1, 5, 15, 35|
|Zombie Type:||Primary Zombie|
|Base HP:||95, 190, 380, 760|
|Melee Damage:||35, 70, 140, 280|
|Melee Delay:||1 sec|
|Movement Speed:||1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2, 3m/s|
|XP Value:||4, 8, 16, 32|
Shamblers are the weakest and most versatile zombie in SAS: Zombie Assault 4. Shamblers have low health and average speed. They are easily shredded by even the weakest of pistols. However, they can be rather damaging if found in a large crowd with nowhere to move.
As the player levels up, they will encounter stronger incarnations of the Shambler. The Shambler is the zombie that evolves the quickest, with its Evolved form, determined by some sort of special skin pattern, appearing as early as level 15 in single player. Despite the Shambler's rapid evolution, other zombies will prove to be a much greater threat.
- On October 30th, 2014, all Shamblers were given pumpkins on their head for Halloween.
- This has also happened again on October 19th, 2015.
- Something similar happened on Easter, 2016 and 2017 where instead of pumpkins, they were given rabbit ears instead.
- Unlike other enemies, which become bloodier or covered in boils, Shamblers start to lose skin and muscle upon each evolution, looking more skeletal with each form, particularly the Fetid (a little of its spine can be seen if you look closely), Evolved and Apex ones. This makes them resemble the original skeletons very closely.
- If you kill an Apex Shambler, you could see the rib cage when its body falls to the ground.